Your ride on Dragon Mountain roller coaster begins with a walk through a massive dragon’s open mouth, down into a mysterious, cavernous loading station. From the edge of the platform, you will step into one of the seven-car, 28 passenger coaster trains. You are secured in place with a padded overhead shoulder bar.
Leaving the station, the train descends deeper underground and enters a 14-foot diameter tunnel. Coming out into daylight as it starts its 386 foot climb to the top of the huge lift at a 27 degree angle, it reaches the crest of the mountain veers left and screams down the first hill at 47 degrees and back up into the double vertical loops.
Coming out of the second loop, you arc to the right, then fly into the first of two horizontal spirals as they work their way deeper into the bowels of the earth. A 92-foot diameter spiral is centered just above the 104-foot spiral forming an inverted cone. You roar into the daylight and bank around a broad horseshoe curve before plunging again into a tunnel (1,163 feet of tunnels in total – more than any other coaster in the world) and then disappearing into the mountain wall.
As you leave the tunnel, you are suddenly hurled into the final white-knuckle thrill – the bowtie – two staggered loops which will turn you upside down twice within seconds.
A fitting climax to a fantastic ride! Ready to ride it again?
Dragon Mountain is a world-class roller coaster, at Marineland, Niagara Falls, Canada.
* One of the longest non-stop coaster rides in the world.
* Maximum speed of the ride is up to 50 miles per hour.
* At 5,500 feet, one of the longest steel coaster rides ever built.
* Features more tunnels – 1,163 feet – than any other
coaster in the world.
* Spread over 30 acres of land – largest ever.
* One of the highest in North America – 186 feet high.
* Thrilling speed perception first coaster ever to hug the contours
of a man-made mountain.
* Lift length and angle – 386 feet at 27 degrees.
* 86 foot loops.
* Diameters of double spirals are 92 feet and 104 feet.
* 48” height requirement